The CORE Survival HEL-STAR 5® Helmet Mounted LED Marker Strobe Light from Down Range Tactical Outfitters is an expanded three function, low profile LED marker light designed specifically for snag free mounting on helmets. Used extensively throughout military freefall for HAHO/HALO; the HEL-STAR 5® has also proven valuable for other airborne and ground operations. Its conformal design allows for alternative marking applications on aerial delivery, vehicles, outerwear and equipment. Velcro® interfaces make for quick installation without tools or hardware, reducing snag hazards, while providing easy detachment by users.
Detented sliding switches offer positive visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF status and operating mode. HEL-STAR 5® is available with any combination of RGB, White or IR LED’s– flashing or steady. It’s IFF capabilities are enhanced by flexible programming, featuring unique, user-defined flash rates or codes. Field replaceable lithium C123 cells ensure long life and excellent cold temperature operation. HEL-STAR 5® eliminates the need for multiple items on the helmet by combining the capabilities of a strobe and chem-light into one fully functional device. HEL-STAR 5® was designed for easy operation with gloved hands in the blind.
FEATURES & SPECS:
• Dimensions: 7.0?(L) x 2.0?(W) x 0.75?(H)
• Weight: 3.0 oz. (w/ Battery)
• Power: One (1) CR123 Lithium Battery
• Housing: Impact Resistant Polymer
• Safety: Low profile Velcro® attachment design provides an emergency break-away feature
• Security: Sliding switches provide visual, tactile confirmation of ON/OFF status & operating mode
• Versatility: Three user-defined functions in White, Color, or IR (flash or steady) modes
• Operation: Field-replaceable lithium C123 cell provides long life and cold temperature operation
• Visibility: White flash meets FAA requirements
• Waterproof: For temporary exposure to depths of 18’
• Made in the USA
CORE SURVIVAL PN'S:
ITAR RESTRICTION: All HEL-STAR models with IR operating modes are ITAR controlled and cannot be shipped or carried outside the United States without express written permission from the United States Department of State. Export is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) as required by the International Traffic In Arms Regulation (ITAR). Title 22, Code of the Federal Regulation (CFR) Parts 120-13.